Re: Linux ?

Subject: Re: Linux ?
From: Matthew Keller (kellermg@potsdam.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 14:06:10 EST

Heath Henderson wrote:

> This question is actually something of a system nature. I need to resize my
> swap partition. I cannot do it in RH 6.1 or 6.2 without the deleted space
> being incorporated back into the extended partition of say the /home
> parition. I got it to work on RH 6.0 just fine. What I want to know is how
> can I go about resizing this partition without messing the system up
> completely. Can I resize it on the fly or do I need to unmount it and go?

        Use LVM in the new 2.4.0 kernel. It's wonderful.

--

Matthew Keller WebMaster, Interim Network Manager & Host Systems Analyst Computing & Technology Services Information Services Division State University of New York at Potsdam Website: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/ PGP: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/crypto/