Basic permissions questions

Subject: Basic permissions questions
From: Scott Burnham (sburnham@creativeinkcorp.com)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 17:26:35 EST

Hello,

I have a LinuxPPC 2000 box running netatalk1.4b2+asun 2.1.3-7. The sole
share is a RAID (/mnt/gsraid). I don't use individual .AppleVolumes files;
this is just one big chunk of storage for a few graphics artists.

Basically, all works fine, I sorted out user/group configurations & logins,
but there are two things that bug me:

1. Is there a secret to getting each user a trash folder?

2. Is it normal for two users to be able to open the same document at the
same time? This leads to a "last person to save wins" situation which could
be sort of tragic.

Thanks to all,

Scott Burnham
Creative Ink