Very slow login and multiple logins

Subject: Very slow login and multiple logins
From: vgb@enschede.dhs.org
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 09:46:29 EST

I am using Mac OS 9 and Netatalk-1.42b2+asun2.1.4-0 and
are experiencing the follwing problem.

I replaced a NT-server by a SuSE 7.0 box, some Mac's
(with Mac os 8.x) can login quick and without a
problem, other Mac's (with Mac OS 9) seem to freeze a
few minutes and they request multiple logins by
different loginnames.

Even after canceling all logins and auto-logins they
request a login, at last, after the Mac has started
(after several minutes), I can login very quickly! and
it requests only one loginname.

I tried this with and without -notcp but this doesn't
seem to help. Anyone?

With friendly regards,

Vincent