Hidden Files Not Being Copied

Subject: Hidden Files Not Being Copied
From: Basil Hussain (basil.hussain@specialreserve.net)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 08:04:11 EST

Hi all,

I just noticed something the other day when I was doing some organisation of
files on a Netatalk-hosted share.

I duplicated (i.e. Apple-D, not a copy) a whole folder, but discovered that
hidden files (i.e. anything starting with a dot) were not copied! For
example, this folder contained two hidden files, .htaccess and .htpasswd -
they hadn't been copied in the duplication!

Would this be a problem at the MacOS client end (MacOS 9.0.4), or something
to-do with Netatalk (netatalk 1.4.99-20001108)?

Regards,

Basil Hussain (basil.hussain@specialreserve.net)