uams failing

Subject: uams failing
From: Keith Baker (keith@trenza.com)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 11:25:51 EST

Thanks to this list I got the sourceforge source to compile.1.4.99... It
was erroring with -lcrypto... I noticed that there was also -lcrypt and
figured they might be an attempt to get libraries of the same veriety...

> ld -shared -o uams_dhx_passwd.so

ams_dhx_passwd.o -lcrypto -lrpcsvc -lresolv -lnsl -ldl -ldb -lcrypt -lpam
> -lwrap
> ld: cannot find -lcrypto

I noticed durring the compile that other things were using -lcrypto and were
compiling correctly so I think I may have been wrong. But... things
compiled happily after this. When I went to try and use the authentication
modules my Mac was yelling about unsuported UAM. I hunted around and found
the DHX UAM from apple. This didn't help. Oh yeah... I was trying to use
DHX only (uams_dhx_pam.so)... Also note that it works fine with
uams_clrtxt.so... So I poked through my logs and noticed that low and
behold uams_dhx_pam.so was failing! doh!

papd[25717]: uam_load(uams_dhx_pam.so): failed to load.
papd[25717]: /etc/atalk/uams/uams_dhx_pam.so: undefined symbol: BN_bin2bn

afpd was getting similar errors

I am guessing that having ssl in /usr/local/ssl has something to do with it
(the shared libs aren't available?)
Any help?