"don't have enough privileges to create folder" error

Subject: "don't have enough privileges to create folder" error
From: Chad Leigh, Objectwerks, Inc. (chad@objectwerks.com)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 17:50:42 EST

Hi

This appears more complicated than the title suggests. I looked at the FAQ
on sourceforge.net and the question that appears to be the same as mine but
the solution did not solve it.

I try and create a folder anywhere in my share and it says I can't because
I don't have enouhg privileges but idoes it anyway. The user I am logging
in as has complete rights to the files and folders listed in the share,
including user and group r+w+x privilege.

I try and copy in a folder from the Mac and it creates the folder but then
says that it has no rights to create the first file contained in that
folder and quits.

I have 1.42+asun version on FreeBSD 4.2.

I have a share that is owned by user "chad" group "staff". Here is the
configuration in the AppleVolumes.default file in /usr/local/etc

/mirror1/companies "Company Data" options=crlf

megumi# cd /mirror1/companies/
megumi# ls -al
total 14
drwxrwx--- 14 chad staff 512 Jan 16 15:41 .
drwxrwx--- 8 root wheel 512 Jan 8 20:39 ..
drwxrwx--- 6 chad staff 512 Jan 6 18:38 .AppleDesktop
drwxrwx--- 2 chad staff 512 Jan 6 18:30 .AppleDouble
drwxrwx--- 4 chad staff 512 Jan 16 14:05 Applications
drwxrwx--- 5 chad staff 512 Jan 6 18:39 Leigh America Company
drwxrwx--- 3 chad staff 512 Jan 16 15:28 Network Trash Folder
drwxrwx--- 4 chad staff 512 Jan 6 18:22 Shire.Net LLC
drwxrwx--- 3 chad staff 512 Jan 6 18:19 TheFindByContentFolder
drwxrwx--- 3 chad staff 512 Jan 6 18:20 TheVolumeSettingsFolder
drwxrwx--- 3 chad staff 512 Jan 16 15:24 untitled folder
drwxrwx--- 3 chad staff 512 Jan 16 15:28 untitled folder 1
drwxrwx--- 3 chad staff 512 Jan 16 15:28 untitled folder 2
drwxrwx--- 3 chad staff 512 Jan 16 15:41 untitled folder 3

I am logging in as user "chad" which has a default group "staff" in the
passwd file on the FreeBSD box.

Using ps -aux I list 3 afpd, two running as user "chad" (from 2 macs" and
one as root which I assume is the one listed as "LISTEN" when I do a
netstat -a.

When all the files were listed as

drwxr-xr-x it didn't work either.

The console is giving me the message: afpd[blah]: setdirmode: chmod
.AppleDouble"Operation not permitted

I check all the .AppleDouble folders and they are all owned by the same
user / group chad:staff as is the user logging in and they are all
rwxrwx--- (also tried rwxr-xr-x) so I don't know what operation is not
permitted on which .AppleDouble since the user is all correct as far as I
can tell.

I am stuck and don't know what I can do and cannot find any documentation
or anything that gives me more enlightenment. Anyone care to give me a
hand?

Thanks
Chad