tcpwrappers & inetd.conf

Subject: tcpwrappers & inetd.conf
From: Steve Devine (sdevine@msu.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 13:03:29 EST

Hello all,
I have been trying to implement tcpwrappers and netatalk in order to limit
connections via hosts.allow and hosts.deny. I have seen statements in archives
stating that the inetd.conf file is to be left alone. All seem to advocate an
entry in the services file as such:
afpovertcp 548/tcp
afpovertcp 548/udp
I wonder if netatalk is not called via inetd.conf how is it run?
A rc script maybe and if so is a reference to tcpd required?
Please if anyone is successfully using tcpwrappers / netatalk I would greatly
hearing how you did it.
I am using tcpwrappers 7.6 netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on a Sun Ultra5 / Solaris
2.6
Thanks
Steve Devine
Information Technology Professional