Re: Hidden Files Not Being Copied

Subject: Re: Hidden Files Not Being Copied
From: Carsten Neumann (deltor@snafu.de)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 00:03:24 EST

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Bill Moran wrote:
[snip]
> I still want to know why there are directories that can't be deleted:
> and I still suspect it has something to do with the .Apple* files. Has
> anyone else witnessed this behaviour? Is it something to do with FreeBSD
> only?

Do you mean directories which contain dotfiles?
This also applies linux.

Netatalk doesn't see them but can tell that this directory is not empty.

But I tried just that scenario:
1. created an empty folder (mac)
2. created (touched) a dotfile within that (u*x)
3. dropped it into the trash (mac)
4. tried to empty the trash (mac)
   error: ...contains items that are in use...
5. put away (cmd-y) (mac)
   error: The folder <folder> could not be put away, because it was created on the desktop.

The last looks strange!

Regards

        Carsten