Re: Very slow login and multiple logins

Subject: Re: Very slow login and multiple logins
From: Crystal (cmorillo@kinkaid.org)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 10:03:45 EST

on 1/23/01 5:03 AM, Milivoj Ivkovic at mi@alma.ch wrote:

> Same problem here, with MacOS 8.6!
>
> Did you find the solution?
>
> Where does the Mac store this login information for remounts at reboot anyway?
>
> Hope someone has ideas...
>
> Milivoj

For MacOS 9+, check in the Mac's System folder in a folder called "Servers".

You may see aliases of the servers the Mac has previously logged onto. This
generally happens when the user checks the box next to the share name,
instead of just selecting the sharename and clicking "ok". Checking the box
prompts the Mac to try to log on to that server again. Alot of my users do
that....

For MacOS 8.6 and lower, trash the AppleSharePrep file in System Folder -
Preferences. This is the file that contains info on previous servers and
whether they are marked for auto-logon.

Hope that helps.

--
Crystal Morillo