Re: "Another process changed the volume during the search..."

Subject: Re: "Another process changed the volume during the search..."
From: Chris Garrigues (cwg-dated-39dfe4e584bdaaf1@deepeddy.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 16:16:10 EST

> From: "Chris Garrigues" <cwg-dated-1c3d47bb1fd82104@deepeddy.com>
> Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 09:20:43 -0600
>
> Thanks. More data: Everybody there is having this problem. About half of the
> machines are running 9.1 and the other half will be doing so as well soon.
>
> I've just stopped samba and nfs and have asked him to let me know if it helps.
>
> They do open files directly on the server. I'm not sure exactly what
> applications they use, but they're an advertising firm if that gives a clue
> .
> This problem didn't occur when they were using a Mac server.
>
> I'll post again when I know if turning off samba and nfs helped.

Turns out that it was nfslock causing the problem. We use nfs little enough
that I'm going to turn off nfslock until I get screwed by not having a lock
daemon, then I'll worry about how to fix it.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination. For an explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft, but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.