Re: Netatalk ok, reliable for large no of users?

Subject: Re: Netatalk ok, reliable for large no of users?
From: Matthew Keller (kellermg@potsdam.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 09:24:49 EST

Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> Thanks for the note, Matthew
>
> How many users use netatalk in your environment?

        Varies- Here at the college we have as many as 220 simultaneous
Netatalk sessions to an aging box that is slated for replacement very
soon (it originally served about 10 simultaneous Netatalk sessions).
This box also runs Samba to share the same folders up for Windows users.
        I have a client who make much more robust use of Netatalk- They have
about 450 concurrent Netatalk sessions to their cluster (4 nodes, ASIP
(AoIP) only). They toss around gigabyte files over gig ethernet like
they were candy (DV Production/PostProduction and CG movie shorts).
        I have several other clients who use Netatalk less than the college
does as far as simultaneous session.

--

Matthew Keller WebMaster, Interim Network Manager & Host Systems Analyst Computing & Technology Services Information Services Division State University of New York at Potsdam Website: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/ PGP: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/crypto/