Re: Mac List view updating continuously - Fix?

Subject: Re: Mac List view updating continuously - Fix?
From: Walt Reed (walt@terrascope.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 20:16:01 EST

Steven Karel wrote:

> One possible hint:
>
> I've seen this happen when the server directory contains two separate
> files which have identical file names on the Mac, which treats names in
> a case-insensitive manner. Example, the directory contains
>

> myfile.exe
> and myfile.EXE
>
> this can happen pretty easily if you have people saving from multiple
> platforms or locations.

you are correct that this could be a problem, but his AppleVolumes.default
would have to specify some type of casefold option:

casefold:tolower

so that the mac would see it that way, wouldn't it? otherwise i think
netatalk does a litteral
translation of the cases.

but i didn't see that option in his config.

walt reed
systems admin
terrascope