Re: Samba and Netatalk

Subject: Re: Samba and Netatalk
From: Matthew Keller (kellermg@potsdam.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 15:11:44 EST

Bryn Hughes wrote:

> Ah, I wasn't aware of that limitation...
>
> How does the Mac itself deal with this? MacOS has no trouble assigning user/group/everyone permissions...

        The permissions are kept in a separate DB, and looked at whenever
files/folders are accessed over filesharing.

--

Matthew Keller Enterprise Systems Analyst Computing & Technology Services Information Services Division State University of New York at Potsdam Website: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/ PGP: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/crypto/