Re: Quick Question

Subject: Re: Quick Question
From: C (cmorillo@kinkaid.org)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 15:34:17 EST

on 3/8/01 9:34 AM, Steve_Kreuzer@condenast.com at
Steve_Kreuzer@condenast.com wrote:

> I have Red Hat 7.0 running and recently downloaded the 1.5pre4 RPM and it
> install without a problem, however, only guests can log in.. The FAQ states
> that
> this is because netatalk needs to be compiled with shadow support.. Is there
> any
> way I can get shadow support with the RPM?
>
> -Steve

Probably not. But don't let that discourage you from downloading the
*source* RPM and recompiling it yourself. The INSTALL document gives plenty
of instruction on how to compile, and the "configure" script should do a
decent job of setting all the compile variables for you - including the PAM
and shadow support.

http://ftp1.sourceforge.net/netatalk/netatalk-1.5pre5-1.src.rpm

--
C.