Re: Power Tools Version

Subject: Re: Power Tools Version
From: Marc Miller (itlm019@mailbox.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 19:14:23 EST

1.5pre2 (the -4 part must be indicative of the RPM version) is not release
quality. I use something close to pre3 and have been fairly happy with
it, but pre5 is now out on
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/netatalk. I'd recommend either 3 or
5. pre4 is pretty good but it seems to have introduced some new bugs.

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Daniel E. Lautenschleger wrote:

> Funny thing...
>
> I have not been able to get Pre4 or 5 working correctly on my RH7 box.
> Weird stuff going on with file perms.
>
> I was perusing the Red Hat Power Tools CD to be released with the next
> version of Red Hat of of a mirror site and saw they were packaging a
> version of Netatalk called 1.5pre2-4.
>
> The darn thing works like a charm with respect to SUID, encrypted
> passwords, and when I deleted a file that I copied from a Mac the resource
> "copy" also went away.
>
> Is this just a previous release of Beta 1.5 that worked rather well with
> Red Hat?
>
> Thoughts?

        /\/\arc ._|. /\/\iller (itlm019@mailbox.ucdavis.edu)
        Computer Room Consultant
        Information Technology/Lab Management
I can be contacted through the Communication Center link from
http://www.mother.com/~mjmiller/