Re: Mac OS X - connecting to Netatalk servers

Subject: Re: Mac OS X - connecting to Netatalk servers
From: Marcus (marcus@darena.co.nz)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 22:28:52 EST

I have been using one of the "later than the public beta(4k17)" versions of OSX(4k78), and connecting to netatalk-1.4b2+asun214-37b servers fine. Last night I backed up my Titanium Powerbook to a netatalk server (4GB of data) without a problem.
I have had a friend of mine report that coping a HUGE amount of data would cause OSX to kernel panic, but that was 4k29.
Don't use the "official" public beta for testing, it is a completely different OS to the later ones...which is a relief. I am running netatalk on a Mandrake 7.2 on a IBM e-server x200, and using netatalk-1.4b2+asun214-37b with encrypted passwords support.

mrad01