Re: [Netatalk-devel] O-BSD 2.8 1.5pre5 compile errors (was rand2num)

Subject: Re: [Netatalk-devel] O-BSD 2.8 1.5pre5 compile errors (was rand2num)
From: Hauke Fath (hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 16:22:10 EST

At 20:31 Uhr +0100 21.3.2001, Karen A Swanberg wrote:
>Greetings, I think this is a bug. I've included everything I think should
>be useful, but I'd be happy to provide more. If this is hopelessly basic,
>I apologize.

Almost all problems are simple -- after you solved them. ;)

>SUBJECT: compile errors on 1.5pre5 on OpenBSD 2.8 during make
>install. Using 1.5pre5 in order to utilize DHX, my ./configure was:
>./configure --with-tcp-wrappers --with-ssl-dirs=/usr
>
>The compile ran fine, but the 'make' then died with the error:
>
>#make
>make all-recursive
>Making all in libatalk
>
>Making install in libatalk
>"Makefile", line 317: Need an operator
>Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>*** Error code 1

Sit back and relax: You've just been bitten by the progressing gnuification
of Netatalk.

For whatever reason (I tried to track it down, but got lost in the twisty
maze that the output of GNU automake is) the Makefiles of Sourceforge
Netatalk want GNU make, and GNU make only.

Now, didn't I say it's simple? ;)

        hauke