Re: zone router

Subject: Re: zone router
From: Walt Reed (walt@mail.terrascope.com.criticalpath.net)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 20:28:47 EST

well, the second nic would make your linux box a router, in the true
sense. think of a zone as a physical network. you don't just
separate macs into zones, like you would pc's into windows
workgroups. instead zones are a way to allow machines to talk to
each other although they are physically separate (such as on another
floor, or another building). CAP may have a different way of
seeding, the configs would probably tell you a lot. you'll notice
that the -seed option only works with multiple interfaces, in this
case a nic card.

have you tried using both machines on the network @ the same time?
i'd be interested in what happens. my thinking is that the CAP
machine would seed your zones, and netatalk might use them better.
just another option.