Re: Mac OS X and netatalk...

Subject: Re: Mac OS X and netatalk...
From: Paul Krohn (pkrohn@daemonize.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 22:23:45 EST

well, since i haven't successfully re-compiled netatalk on my qube yet,
i'm still using what came with:

#rpm -q -a | grep netatalk
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4-pre35_C3

and connecting from OS X release version works great. in fact, my mac is
a much faster client with OS X installed.

the secret is to find out what options cobalt did or did not compile in,
and try to figure from that what needs done to current versions for the
same happy results.

also, at work, OS X connects no problem to our totalnet/syntax server
with dhx encrypted passwords, as well as an oldish version of netatalk
(exactly which i forget) on my ultra5.

i think it is unlikely that this is a server problem. perhaps some
things which were forgiven in the past no longer are?