31 Character File Name Length Limit

Subject: 31 Character File Name Length Limit
From: Alon (arohter@macalester.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 15:08:38 EST

I just started using NetaTalk on my linux box to serve files to Macintosh
clients. Everything went well, until I noticed that all files with more
than 31 characters in their name length were not showing up at all on the
mac clients. I know macs have a name length limit, but I'd like for the
clients to at least see the longer-named files, even if truncated. Is
there any way to get NetaTalk to share these long-named files? Having the
files just seen by mac clients is acceptable - I don't really care if
everything after 31 chars is gone - I just want them seen.

Any solution?

Thanks,
aLoN