Re: Mac OS X and netatalk...

Subject: Re: Mac OS X and netatalk...
From: Leland Wallace (randall@apple.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 16:53:58 EDT

Folks,
   No need to be cynical, Apple has been and will keep helping the
netatalk
project. I and my engineers have been in communication with Adrian, and
other folks from the sourceforge effort. I have had no directives from my
management to the contrary. At least one of the problems with copying
from
the Mac OS X client is related to the behavior of the CloseFork call.
The other
is with advertising a 4Gig (maxint) buffer size in the options
negotiation
(we fixed our end for GM).

One thing that you can be sure of, the Mac OS X client is a complete
rewrite
and as such the patterns of calls will be different.

Hope this helps
Leland Wallace
AppleShare Client Lead

Leland Wallace Working in AppleShare Engineering
randall@apple.com but not speaking for Apple Computer Inc.
http://www2.inow.com/~randall