Error message + files disappearing

Subject: Error message + files disappearing
From: David (zer0@mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 10:58:53 EDT

I've noticed folders disappearing recently on on the my netatalk
servers. I looked at /var/log/messages and found some errors like
this:

Apr 11 10:44:01 macsupport afpd[771]: WARNING: DID conflict for
'Nostalgia' and 'Eudora Folder'. Are these the same file?
Apr 11 10:44:32 macsupport last message repeated 5 times
Apr 11 10:44:57 macsupport last message repeated 6 times

Some of the behavior I noticed. Somehow the 'Nostalgia' folder just
showed up in place of 'Eudora folder'. Meanwhile the folder is
called 'Eudora Folder' in Unix... Eventually the folders disappeared
and its "parent" folder went with it. Then other folders further up
the hierarchy begin to disappear...this is bad. I don't have any
clue what a DID conflict is but it seems to be a huge problem. Other
folders that don't seem to have an associated DID conflict are going
away as well. Luckily this is a temporary storage location and not a
production box with lots of users!

If anyone has some ideas I would love to here all about them.

Thanks,

David Shaub.