Re: 1.5pre6 not installing on OpenBSD 2.8

Subject: Re: 1.5pre6 not installing on OpenBSD 2.8
From: Matthew Keller (kellermg@potsdam.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 14:31:38 EDT

    I have had problems in the past with multiple Netatalk binaries on
    the same box - Depending on how your "path" is contructed you might
    be trying to execute the bins you're not anticipating. I would try
    to execute them manually. All you need is atalkd and afpd (you don't
    have to fool with nbpregister, etc). A good test is to (as root)
    just run (with the correct paths):

    /usr/local/sbin/atalkd; /usr/local/sbin/afpd -c 500 -n "Your
    Box@Your Zone" -U uams_clrtxt.so

    And see what beeps. If atalkd dies, its probably a problem binding
    to libatalk. If afpd dies but atalkd keeps running, its more likely
    a config error. From the output you've sent, the build seems ok, its
    the install that looks less-than-yummy.

--

Matthew Keller Enterprise System Analyst Computing & Technology Services Information Services Division State University of NY at Potsdam Potsdam, NY USA

http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/