Re: Inappropriate ioctl ?

Subject: Re: Inappropriate ioctl ?
From: Lorenzo Perone (lopez.on.the.lists@yellowspace.net)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 14:19:22 EDT

At 9:32 Uhr -0400 23.04.2001, Matthew Keller wrote:
> Generally, when this error shows in the logs, the .AppleDouble (or a
> file within it) is set to all nothing. Thus, even the owner can't
> change its permissions. If you're positive that the perms are right
> (and positive you don't have any legacy Netatalk binaries running
> around), and still getting this error- That's pretty odd, and I'm at
> a loss for diagnostics.
>
> Anyone else got ideas?

Hi,

sorry, maybe this is a stupid note, but nobody ever mentioned umask: could the described problems be related somehow to the users' umasks? Are any .profile files executed by afpd after login? Or is there a setting for umasks? Or does afpd use umask somewhere at the beginning? Or any suggestion on that? I mean why should a file be created with no rights with a umask, say, of 117...... (there's a lot I don't know, I know....)?

;-)

Lorenzo