Re: 8bit chars, no refresh

Subject: Re: 8bit chars, no refresh
From: Axel Rose (rose@sj.com)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 07:39:29 EDT

Um 12:58 Uhr +0200 27.04.2001, schrieb Mac Conin:
>the first is imho not resolvable. This depends on how a refresh
>of the directories content is initiated.

The commercial products have no problem with this.
I wonder how this works then.

>touch ä
>chmod 755 ä
>chgrp to users or any you want to
>an then the client is capable of deleting the file.

It's not an permission problem.
As "root" I issued
chmod 777 *
checked with ls -l
permissions are set

Still the Mac says
"ä" kann nicht in den papierkorb bewegt
werden, weil das Objekt nicht gefunden wurde.

("ä" can't be moved to the trash because the
object can't be found)

A special bug with my system configuration or
simply because the file was created from Unix?

Axel