read-only share is greyed out in chooser

Subject: read-only share is greyed out in chooser
From: Kevin Chan (kkc@uclink4.berkeley.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 23:05:28 EDT

Hi,

I am using Netatalk 1.4.

I have set up a share with read-only access for one group and read-write
access to another (using rolist:@group1 rwlist:@group2 in the
AppleVolumes.default configuration) and the problem is that when a member
of the read-only group logs in via Chooser on a Mac, s/he sees the share,
but it is greyed out and thus, the user is unable to select the share and
view its contents.

Furthermore, when I change the configuration back to allow:@group1,@group2,
but leave the unix permission of the directory as r-- for the others
section (with rwx for group2), this greyed out problem persists. This
leads me to think that Netatalk is working fine, but I am overlooking
something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Chan