Re: chgrp, Illegal seek

Subject: Re: chgrp, Illegal seek
From: Chad Cunningham (ccunning@math.ohio-state.edu)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 13:48:43 EDT

> I'm just wondering whether the following problem is netatalk
> related. I doubt but hope that other users came across this before ...

No, it has nothing to do with netatlk.

> system( "chgrp", "nobody", $out ) && &my_error_log( "$!" );

Unless system fails, $! is undefined. Use $? if you want to check the exit
status, or if you really need the output, redirect it to a file and read
that in.

--

Chad Cunningham ccunning@math.ohio-state.edu

"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two-headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the other head of science is bad! Oh beware the other head of science, Arthur, it bites!"