Macintosh/Linux UPS question

Subject: Macintosh/Linux UPS question
From: Heath Henderson (heath@davesworld.net)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 06:52:49 EDT

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the cross-post, but I have an intriguing question.

Is there a way to have a Macintosh (6100 hooked to an APC-UPS and when
shutdown is initiated it will close filemaker with no arguments, as well as
run a shutdown script that will also power-down a linux box on the same
machine. I wasn't sure if I could have it write a text file to Halt the
computer and upon UPS powerdown copy it to a Linux Netatalk mounted drive
and have the Linux box run a cron job every one minute that will cause it to
look for a particular file. If present it will run a script, if not it will
not run that script. I need to be able to power down both Macintosh and
Linux box from one or the other machines?

Thanks for any help.

Heath Henderson