PAPD - problem with large print jobs

Subject: PAPD - problem with large print jobs
From: David Pasek (pasek@idc.cz)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 15:49:06 EDT

Hello,
I'm not sleeping one week because of problem with netatalk package.
I installed netatalk package 1.4b2 and all is working prety fine but
withou printing.

Printing was generaly working but if i try print large file (more than
30MB postscript) it's taking a lot of time and do nothing.

I looked at maillist archive and seen some problems with jobs larger
than 256MB files.
So i maked upgrade to version 1.5.pre-6

Now it looks better, print on Mac is finished but postscript file is
truncated from original size to some another size. Postscript is
uncomplete and network printer cannot print it.
No message in /var/log/messages all looks good accept truncated print
job :-(((
I puted hack to /etc/atalkd/papd.conf
pr:|cat > /var/tmp
for writing incoming print output to file instead sending it directly to
lpd, so I can check what is comming from Mac client.

BTW: print of "small files" up to 20-30MB is working fine.

I'm using Linux RedHat 7.0
Computer is very powerfull DELL 2400

Disk is (RAID5) splited to volumes
/tmp 70MB