netatalk-1.5pre6-1rh7.src.rpm + redhat 7.1 + reiserfs

Subject: netatalk-1.5pre6-1rh7.src.rpm + redhat 7.1 + reiserfs
From: bryan stalcup (bryan@stalcup.net)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 11:53:34 EDT

Hi all,

trying to get a new server setup with a 500G raid. would really like to use a journalling file system (reiserfs is supported with redhat 7.1), but have run into some weirdness with netatalk sharing a reiserfs volume. for example, the most repeatable thing is that when i try to paste an icon from the mac onto a folder on the server volume, i get a kernel panic... i lose connection to the server and have to hardware reset the server.

i have all the updates to redhat installed, i installed the src rpm and did a rpm -bb on the spec file, then installed the new binary i386 rpm. please let me know if the problem is not reproducible.

this scares me, so i've gone back to ext2 and am kicking around with reiserfs on a test box to see what else i come up with. it would be great to get this working, i need to add about an additional terabyte to this server and i would hate to have to ever fsck the drives.

thanks!

bryan

--
bryan stalcup