saving across network with Quark problem

Subject: saving across network with Quark problem
From: Isaac C (iclnx@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 17:53:45 EDT

Hi,

Users on a netatalk server I'm running are having
problems when saving to the shared drive with Quark.
The mac pops up all these "Unknown error -199" and
other numbers that don't explain anything. Their files
get corrupted or lost. Often the only way out is to
copy and paste the whole document into a new empty
document, because Quark refuses to save to the
networked drive. This also happens during "Collect for
Output".

There don't seem to be any other problems. File
copying with the Finder works fine (and is nice &
fast).

These are macs running mac os 9.1 and quark 4.1,
connected to the netatalk server over tcp/ip.

I recommended for now to copy the file to their local
drives, work on them, then copy back to the server.
But this is considered a huge hassle (I agree). They
should be able to work over the network.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

--Isaac