papd and samba printer

Subject: papd and samba printer
From: Alle mails voor SMS systeem (sms@vgkfgen3.rug.ac.be)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 08:31:32 EDT

Hey,

I know I asked this before, but now exams are over and I have time to work
on my little network here.

We have 3 Windows PCs, a Mac and a Linux all in network. I have installed
both Netatalk and Samba on the linux, and that all seems to work. The
printer is connected to one of the Windows PCs.

Now I would like to be able to print to it from the Mac. Since it is not a
postscript printer, I can't use Dave on the PCs, but will be using
netatalk papd.

What should I put in the print config file for papd ? I have no drivers or
ppds for the printer.

And how do I restart papd ? I killed it, but don't get it running again...

Yes, I am stupid (sometimes),

Thanks for replies,

Thomas