Problems with netatalk in a Progeny debian install

Subject: Problems with netatalk in a Progeny debian install
From: Michelle Murrain (michelle@murrain.net)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 08:49:48 EDT

Hi Folks,

I've been using netatalk for quite some time now, and just installed
Progeny debian (1.0) on box I'd had debian woody on. I used the
debian package to install netatalk, and got the following error:

"Address family not supported by protocol"

I've never come across this issue before with netatalk, and I've
installed it both from source and from a debian package. This
netatalk package actually comes from debian potato, not progeny.

I did a bit of searching on the net for this issue, and only found
this question, but no answers.

I'm wondering if this is a kernel issue - I'm running kernel 2.2.18
(yes, I'll be upgrading the kernel very soon on this box).

Thanks!

Michelle