Re: LWSelect 300

Subject: Re: LWSelect 300
From: Thomas Kaiser (Thomas.Kaiser@phg-online.de)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 02:48:20 EDT

am 02.07.2001 9:29 Uhr schrieb Heinz Richarz:

> I have a problem to integrate an Apple LaserWriter Select 300 to my net.

This Laserwriter is a QuickDraw-only printer. That means it lacks support
for PostScript. (For informations about apple's products take a look at
<http://www.info.apple.com/applespec/applespec.taf>, in your case especially
<http://www.info.apple.com/info.apple.com/applespec/applespec.taf?cat=printe
r&RID=32>)

> nbplkup shows laser:LWSelect300 an the adress.

To print via PAP (Printer Access Protocol) to the printer it should publish
itself as "Laserwriter".

> But nothing goes. Do I configurate the papd.conf?, or anything else.

Well, configuring papd.conf would mean, that you will setup a PAP-Spooler
for the printer. But I don't know if there is any support for
Quickdraw-based printers in GhostScript.

regards,

Thomas