Re: natalk and Mac OS X

Subject: Re: natalk and Mac OS X
From: John Seifarth (john@waw.be)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 17:26:00 EDT

I've never used CVS before, but I'd really like to get netatalk working with mac OS X.

I followed the instructions at the URL below:

At 16:54 -0400 7/07/2001, Steven Karel wrote:

>The sourceforge 1.5pre7 CVS version does seem to work at least as well as 2.1.4pre37, IF you compile it with:
>
>--with-did=last.
>
>It would probably help the developers for more users to the test the current CVS version of the code. You can get it from:
>
>http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=8642

I installed cvs (I'm running Debian potato), downloaded the module netatalk, but I don't find the ./configure script in the directory created by CVS. I'm stuck.

I note that configure, Makefile and other compilation essentials are listed in the .cvsignore file. So if they're ignored, and not downloaded, how am I supposed to compile the beast?

Any suggestions?

--
John Seifarth                               http://www.waw.be/waw/
Words & Wires SPRL                                     john@waw.be