Re: Netatalk, Macos X and other issues

Subject: Re: Netatalk, Macos X and other issues
From: Jeff (jeff@univrel.pr.uconn.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 11:31:48 EDT

roger.day@globalgraphics.com wrote:
> # Which version of netatalk are you using?
>
> The tar file is called pre-asun2.1.4-37b.tar
>
> it decompresses into a directory called
>
> netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4
>
> Is there a deterministic way of finding the version?

That's version 1.4b2+asun2.1.4. The series on sourceforge is currently
at 1.5pre6.

> # > This is quite important to us as we're relying on this to try and get a
> product
> # > out shortly.
> # >
> # > We would also like to know -who- is supporting netatalk these days. I've
> heard a
> # > rumour that Apple are looking for a netatalk developer.
> #
> # Interesting. Currently most support seems to be via the admin and
> # developer lists.
>
> This was from someone on the darwin-developers list.
>
> Also the lack of archive here http://netatalk.sourceforge.net/mailing_lists.php
> for 2000/2001 does give an appearance of cobwebness to the page.

Sorry about that. The netatalk development is in full swing. Check out
http://sourceforge.net/projects/netatalk/ for a little more information
on that.

I'd suggest trying 1.5pre6 or the upcoming 1.5pre7, as it probably
resolves that issue.

Jeff