Re: Netatalk, Macos X and other issues

Subject: Re: Netatalk, Macos X and other issues
From: roger.day@globalgraphics.com
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 11:50:58 EDT

We tried the 1.5pre6, which is why I was trying that wacky version there.

The problem with pre6 was that it caused NFS to stop working - authentication
stopped working. Reverting to a previous release fixed this.

I have a proper description of the problem:-

<GMT17-May-2001 23:49:56GMT> B.S.:
Problem is that netatlk is not making their fileIDs unique and the AppleShare
client uses those ids for its hash entries. Thats why we are hitting the assert.
I will file a bug against netatalk and also change the AppleShare client so that
it will not assert any more. Although anytime someone tries to do a ResolveID
(not too common, I think), it will get back some indeterminate file and that
will be bad.

<GMT23-May-2001 21:31:24GMT> B.S.:
Fix is too catch this case and not assert, but to fail the create call with some
error. Real fix is to get an updated netatalk installed on the server. I am
working on getting a fixed netatalk submitted.

from here

http://www.publicsource.apple.com/bugs/X%20Server/AppleShare%20X%20Client/2666595.html

I can't see any bug filed anywhere on the netatalk site - that's the first place
 I looked.

Would this be fixed in pre7?

Another question: why so many pre's?