Server not appearing in Chooser

Subject: Server not appearing in Chooser
From: Desmond Lim (desmond@kikuze.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 23:54:46 EDT

Hello everyone,

I have 2 questions about netatalk at the moment:

1) When I open Chooser from a MAC OS 8.5 machine, the Linux server named
"chino" is not there. I had to type in the IP address of the Linux server to
get connected. Is there anyway to make the server name appear in the Chooser
directly?

2) This is the scenerio. For example, I have a share called "Yuppies" on the
server. When a user connects to the server, the user selects the share
"Yuppies". But somehow or rather the connection is always made to the home
directory first even though it is not selected. The user had to reconnect to
the server and select the share "Yuppies" again before he can successfully
connect to this share. Is there anyway to connect to the selected share only
without touching the home directory?

warmest regards,

Desmond Lim
System Administrator