Re: OS 9.1 update ?

Subject: Re: OS 9.1 update ?
From: Jim Bailey (jim@lateral.net)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 08:08:36 EDT

Hi,

we run a mix of OS 9.1 for our designers, OS X for those who like to
live danerously, windows 2000, windows 98 for some of our project
managers and Linux and BSD clients for our coders as well as CVS for our
development work. we have most of the applications you list and then
some but our backend is made up of FreeBSD, OpenBSD and Red Hat 6.2 soon
to be replaced by Debian, cuz I like it and I can. ;-)

Our Mac user seem very happy with what they use and don't bother me much
with buggy stuff our file and print services are a bit fscked but then
in my brief period sys admining Macs I have rapidly learnt that Netatalk
sucks and until recently so did our physical network, however recent LAN
upgrades have helped and we hope that changing to Debian will help.

If you give us more specifics about your problems we may be able to help
further.

Cheers Jim

Netscape is no stranger to bugs, the way Jeffery Archer is no stranger
to lies.

--Bruce Richardson