RE: Netatalk on SuSE Linux 7.2 going nowhere

Subject: RE: Netatalk on SuSE Linux 7.2 going nowhere
From: Timo Schoeler (timo.schoeler@wolnet.de)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 03:46:19 EDT

<snip>

>/etc/rc.d/init.d/atalk start
>
>is probably what you are looking for.
>
>As for the Appletalk support, it may be in a module, so hopefully it
>will auto-load when needed. If not, you will need to compile it in.
>
>Anyway, try the command and report back any errors.
<snap>

hello,

when you're using the SuSE Linux 7.2, there are other options to
start netatalk (as there were in the several other releases of SuSE
before 7.2); you have to type

rcatalk start (or rcat[tab] start) if it is not already running;

rcatalk status should give you a triple 'OK' for the services running and

rcatalk stop -- now, guess what... ;-)

to keep netatalk start permanently (i.e. every time you boot your
box) you have to edit /etc/rc.config and search for an entry like

START_ATALKD (don't remember it exactly, but it should look like this),

which has to be set to '= yes'.

you can do this by using vi (my favourite), any other editor or using
'yast' ('editing the main config file').

--
greetz, timo

"cpu time/usefulness ratio too high -- core dumped."