RE: logs, log, more logs information

Subject: RE: logs, log, more logs information
From: Chris Herrmann (chris@faredge.com.au)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 19:31:50 EDT

Hi Martin,

chances are that it might be a user, or it might be netatalk - there have
been more than a few of us who have had directories disappear.

Personally, I stopped having these troubles when I compiled it with:

--enable-lastdid

It appears that netatalk behaves differently on different unices, and
versions amongst the same unix. For example, file locking works differently
between rh6.2 & 7.0 for ext2fs, but also works differently again for
reiserfs. You'll have to try it, and see how you go. Good luck!

Regards,

Chris