RE: appletalk bridging with netatalk?

Subject: RE: appletalk bridging with netatalk?
From: Ed Maple (emaple@asu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2001 - 13:55:17 EDT

Thanks for the quick reply, Ed.

This doesn't seem to have worked though. I still can't see any zones in chooser
on my mac. I created my initial atalkd.conf file with just the entries:
   hme0
   hme1

where hme0 is the outward-facing interface, and hme1 is the inward-facing
interface. The very first time I started the atalkd daemon it failed to start
unless I removed the hme1 interface. THe hme0 interface was then configured
using network information from the existing appletalk network. Then I could add
hme1 back and successfully restart atalkd. Here's the current atalkd.conf:

hme0 -phase 2 -net nnn -addr nnn.mmm -zone "Moeur_Wilson" -zone "GLG MOEUR" -zon
e "AAD MOEUR 134"
hme1 -phase 2 -net 65280-65534 -addr 65280.193

where nnn is the net number and mmm is the node number (correct? I'm pretty much
and appletalk newbie).

I'm running on a Solaris 8 system acting as a router with just the core
packages.

Any ideas?

Ed Maple