RE: Solaris 8 ddp driver problem

Subject: RE: Solaris 8 ddp driver problem
From: CSBURRIS@ci.tacoma.wa.us
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 14:01:49 EDT

Well, I've tracked down the problem, but there is no good answer. It is
actually documented in ./sys/solaris/Makefile.

GCC doesn't currently do 64 bit compiles. 64-bit Sun Solaris requires
64-bit drivers. The only way to make it work is to use Sun C, which costs a
cool $1300. The only solution is to beg one from some one who has the
compiler and a similar architecture.

I politely suggest (again) that a downloadable binary be placed on the
sourceforge site or on SunFreeware. I've asked at each place.

I received one myself, and have asked permission to re-distribute it, but
have not received it yet.