Eudora folder on netatalk volumes

Subject: Eudora folder on netatalk volumes
From: Winston Chang (winston@stdout.org)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 19:47:37 EDT

Environment:
   Red Hat 7.1 Intel
   netatalk-1.5pre2-6b

I tried placing a Eudora mail folder in a netatalk volume. It's
configured to check mail every 5 minutes. After about half an hour
to an hour (I'm not really sure how long), I get this error every
time I try to check my mail:

   Couldn't read your settings.
   1453292+ 21 (-43); The document was nout found.
   {90:885}

Followed by this one:

   Eudora could not check mail in the
   background. Try closing some windows or
   switch background threading off.
   -43,{09:435}

Simply closing Eudora and restarting doesn't seem to help; I have to
put the volume away and reconnect. This problem doesn't occur if I
have a local copy of the Mail folder.

Any ideas of why this happens and how I might make it go away?

Thanks,
--Winston