Redhat 7.1 and Netatalk/papd

Subject: Redhat 7.1 and Netatalk/papd
From: Gregg Healy (gregg@photoad.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 16:02:26 EDT

I spent considerable time trying to make Netatalk work with a Redhat
7.1 boxed set (deluxe workstation edition from Best Buy)
installation. After major trial and error installs I have it working,
almost.

Did a Server install with KDE, X, Samba, http and the default server
stuff and set all netcfg info.

Installed openssl RPM for Redhat 7.1

Installed Cracklib RPM for Redhat 7.1

Installed PAM RPM for Redhat 7.1

Installed the Netatalk version 1.5-pre6 Redhat RPM

Reboot and it came up in the chooser and I was able to mount the
users home directory using the default configuration.

I cant get the Linux printer to work at all. When trying to print to
it from the client, as soon as the spool file starts to write I get a
Postscript error -8133 from BBedit, another app (simple text) says to
be sure I have a printer selected in the chooser, but there is one
selected...

Any ideas whats going on here?

Thanks,

Gregg Healy