Was my question really that stupid?

Subject: Was my question really that stupid?
From: David L Kindred (Dave) (d.kindred@telesciences.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 12:14:37 EDT

Quite some time back, I asked the following:

   I've inherited an old installation of uar on an old SunOS box that I'd
   like to replace. I have a Linux box on all of the same networks as the
   old box. I've read all the message archives, and everything else I can
   find, but I haven't seen a definitive statement as to whether netatalk
   can in fact replace uar.

   So, can netatalk replace uar?

I got no replies. To me this indicates one of the following:

1) I asked a really stupid question and was ignored. But if the
   question was that stupid, I would've have expected to have been
   flamed.

2) No one here has heard of "uar". But then I would've expected a
   counter-question.

3) My message never got propagated. But I did see my copy.

So, I'll try again. Are any of you familiar with "uar", and can I
replace a uar based system with a netatalk based system?

Any help would be appreciated.

--
David L. Kindred                       <mailto:d.kindred@telesciences.com>
Unix Systems & Network Administrator   Telesciences, Inc.