Re: Slackware 8 + netatalk 1.5x problems (fwd)

Subject: Re: Slackware 8 + netatalk 1.5x problems (fwd)
From: Alistair Riddell (ali@gwc.org.uk)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 14:56:49 EDT

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Mark Guertin wrote:

> Anyone out there tried this combination?
>
> No matter what I do it seems I can't get any kind of authentication
> happening, not even cleartext works...

Works just peachy for me. I am using a variety of versions of netatalk.

You may have to compile in support for shadow passwords, and / or install
Linux-PAM and use that.

Also, I am careful to removepkg the openssl package as it causes all kinds
of funnies...

--
Alistair Riddell - BOFH
IT Manager, George Watson's College, Edinburgh