[OFF]lp0 - device or resource busy

Subject: [OFF]lp0 - device or resource busy
From: Gregg Healy (gregg@photoad.com)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 14:15:24 EDT

I am having a bear of a time getting anything to go to a Stylus 740
connected to the parallel port under Red HAT 7.1.

When trying to echo to the device (lp0) I get a message stating
"Device or Resource Busy".

Do I need to reset this port somehow? I am new and still learning so
I apologize if this is a stupid question but Ive spent many hours
trying to get this thing to work, again. It worked fine for a while.

I also get a message at boot when lpd starts saying "Winbond Super
I-O Detection, checking ports... Is this a related issue or trying to
tell me something?

Any help appreciated. My goal here is to get the printer working with
my Macs using Netatalk.

Gregg Healy
President

PhotoAd.com, Inc.