Re: printing from qxpress from appleshare

Subject: Re: printing from qxpress from appleshare
From: Gjermund G Thorsen (gjermund@mac.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 04:55:09 EDT

Works fine with me, but at my place the destination printer is a printerspooler on the same node as netatalk is run.

--
Yours Sincerely,

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen

"I’m just sitting here listening to the scream of the butterfly"

On søndag 30. september 2001 23:36, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejan@hello-penguin.com> wrote: >Hello, > >If the client runs MacOS 9.1 or 9.2.1 on G4 and QXpress 4.11 and >a document is opened from a netatalk server (2.1.4-39 with >flock-locks and lastdid enabled) and a user tries to print it the >Mac crashes. The printer is a separate rendering machine driven >by an NT box, if that makes any difference. If the document is >opened from the local disk everything is fine as well as in case >of MacOS 8.6 and 9.0.4 (on G3). Also, the Mac does not crash in >case of a rather small document (say <1MB). Printing from e.g. >Freehand works in any case, so it's definitely tied to the >QXpress. Saving files works fine, but printing unmistakably makes >the Mac crash. BTW, my Apple users prefer 9.1 or 9.2.1 to 9.0.4 >because the latter is quite instable as they put it. > >This looks like a rather odd problem and I have no idea how should >one tackle it. Anybody? > >Many TIA. > >Dejan > >-- >Dejan Muhamedagic mailto:dejan@hello-penguin.com > >P.S. I've been out of Appletalk business lately and it's nice to >see the netatalk sourceforge project running. I tried to compile >the latest 1.5-pre7, but this SuSE 6.3 with db 2.4.14 wouldn't do. >Can anybody enlighten me on the CNID/DB3 development? Does it >finally solve the DID problem? >