recent servers items do not function properly

Subject: recent servers items do not function properly
From: Wagner One (wagner@wagnerone.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 15:14:48 EDT

I am running two netatalk servers via linux boxen. one is a very old version
of netatalk on a old rh linux distribution. One is the latest sourceforge
version (not the CVS) version of netatalk running on a very recent rh7.1
distribution.

In the same zone we are running a native, Appleshare IP server (6.3 i
believe) on Apple hardware.

Recent Servers items from the ASIP/Apple server on the clients are rock
solid, always function as expected. Recent Servers items resulting from
mounting volumes on the netatalk servers always fail stating that the shared
volume cannot be found on the network.

I don't recall this as problem on the current old server or previous setups
on other machines that no longer exist. However, with the latest netatalk
src on this rh7.1 machine, the situation has cropped up.

I had empty afpd.conf to begin with and tried adding some items to the
default server directives in order to troubleshoot with no luck. I killed
atalkd and just ran afpd with no luck. I could mount the server volumes via
ip in the Chooser, but the resulting Recent Servers items still do no work.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Searchs of "Recent Servers" through the
archives didn't turn up anything, so it may not be. Hope it is something
I've just overlooked.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

--
wagner@enteract.com, wagner@well.com, wagner@teamschoeps.org
"Music self-played is happiness self-made."